Experience Makes a Difference
A native of Oxford, Attorney David Butts is a 1974 graduate of the University of Mississippi.
For the last 40 years, Mississippi Attorney David Butts has practiced law in Tupelo, Mississippi, primarily focusing on Personal Injury Law.
A Proven Leader in Mississippi Law
- President of the Bar Association in Lee County, Mississippi
- Long-time member of the Mississippi Trial Lawyers and Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Served on Board of Governors and various MTLA committees
- Author of guidelines that govern MTLA participation in appellate cases by amicus curiae
With a Life-Long Record of Service
- Commissioned officer, served in the United States Army Reserve
- Detachment Commander in the Mississippi National Guard
- Executive Officer in the 108th Armored Calvary
Legal Experience in Multiple Practice Areas
His experience includes medical malpractice, product liability, criminal, business, workers’ compensation and domestic controversies.
- Largest collected insurance bad faith verdict in Lee County, Mississippi (Chilcoat v. Preferred Risk Ins. Co.)
- Largest collected state court personal injury verdicts across several counties in MS
(Itawamba County, MS: Belmont Homes, Inc. v. Stewart)
(Tishomingo County, MS: McMillan v. Rodriguez)
- Counsel in the only reported verdict in Mississippi to assess punitive damages against a physician in a medical malpractice case (Sheffield v. Sheffield)
Mr. Butts has appeared as trial and appellate counsel in over 35 cases argued before the Mississippi Supreme Court since 1978.
He has settled over a half dozen cases for in the Supreme Court, with the settlements totaling $ millions.